What You Should Do When You Have A Claim
You may report directly to the insurance carrier for the policy or report to the Corcoran & Havlin Claim representative.
Action steps to take if you suffer a loss:
If you have a property loss:
- Notify the police if the loss is a result of theft or any other crime. Request the police report number.
- If needed, utilize an emergency restoration contractor for water removal and clean up. See list below of some contractors we know. You are not limited to these.
- Make temporary repairs to prevent further damage. Save receipts for any materials you may purchase.
- Document any damage with photos prior to temporary repairs.
- Retain damaged property for claim adjuster.
- Do not make any permanent repairs until the adjuster has inspected site.
- Prepare an inventory of damaged, stolen or destroyed property. Gather any invoices, bills or other documents that establish the item’s value.
- Keep track of any other expenses you may incur.
- Secure the property to prevent any further damage i.e. put a tarp on the roof, board up the windows, etc.
- If you have a serious fire or water damage loss please contact either of the following for clean up:
- If a serious loss occurs over the weekend, please check your current property policy for the name of the insurance company and your policy number. Then call the insurance company to report the loss directly to them. Refer to the Report a Claim page in order to find the appropriate number.
If you have an automobile claim:
- Notify the police. Request the police report number.
- Obtain the name and telephone number of the other driver/owner (complete information will be on the police report). If the police are not called, please obtain the insurance information for the other driver/owner as well.
- Obtain name and telephone numbers for any witnesses.
- You will need to print and fill out a Crash Report form (RMV Automobile Crash Report Form) in order to assist us in reporting the loss. Please forward this Report to us via fax (781) 235-7190, email JWhelan@chinsurance.com or by regular mail.
- If there are any injuries involved and the accident occurs over the weekend, please check your current auto policy for the name of the insurance company and policy number. Please call your insurance company at the number that is available to you in the Report a Claim page and report it directly to them.
If you have a Worker’s Compensation Claim:
You will need to print and fill out the following form, (Worker’s Compensation First Report Of Injury Form (101)) in order to assist us in reporting the loss. If the loss occurs over the weekend, please check your current policy for the name of the insurance company and policy number. Please call your insurance company at the number that is available to you in the Report a Claim page and report it directly to them.